Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All the News that Fits

Screenprinters, Printmakers, and friends: I'm posting a bunch of news items of interest.

1. Dear Fleisher has come and gone, but the 4" x 6" prints that didn't sell (including mine) are posted on Flickr. You can contact Fleisher to purchase a print. They are still anonymous, so the fun continues!

2. This is the 2nd and last weekend for POST (Philadelphia Open Studio Tours). Artists east of Broad Street are opening their studios from 1 - 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday, October 9 & 10. Christine Blair is hosting at Coral Street Arts House.

3. Check out this blog, Printmakers of Etsy. Printsy represents the printmaking artists of Etsy.com, working in the time honored techniques of intaglio, relief, screen printing, lithography and monotypes. Their mission is to spread the word on Etsy and the internet about original prints, to educate the public on printmaking processes and to profile members of the team. They post interviews with printmakers who sell their work on Etsy. They also post a weekly roundup of Etsy shops featuring fine art prints.

No comments:

About Me

I'm an architect with a passion for history and good design. I've worked with historic buildings for the past 30 years, which has developed my appreciation for beautiful buildings, powerful places, and layered landscapes. I've been developing these themes in my printmaking and photography. I’ve been studying for several years at Fleisher Art Memorial in Philadelphia, PA, perfecting my skills and joining in a creative community.