Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Harry Bertoia show at Kean University, Elizabeth, NJ


Harry Bertoia is best known for his iconic modern furniture for Knoll in the 1960's. I wrote about his diamond mesh chair for a student project in my 2nd year of architecture school. He was also a printmaker, exploring his ideas of abstraction and pattern through monoprints. His prints and furniture will be on view in the Karl and Helen Burger Gallery at Kean University from March 24 to May 10, 2011. Check out this slide show from Dwell for a selection of beautiful images and more background on the show.

No comments:

About Me

I'm an architect with a passion for history and good design. I've worked with historic buildings for the past 30 years, which has developed my appreciation for beautiful buildings, powerful places, and layered landscapes. I've been developing these themes in my printmaking and photography. I’ve been studying for several years at Fleisher Art Memorial in Philadelphia, PA, perfecting my skills and joining in a creative community.